Re: [Gnewsense-dev] changes to metad repository layout+python-apt

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] changes to metad repository layout+python-apt
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:04:29 +0200

Karl Goetz schreef:
hi all,

I've changed the layout of our security and volatile repositories.
I'm also uploading an updated python-apt, which should be aware of the
changes.

This means:
 - if your sources list looks for security updates on a line ending like
this:

 gnewsense-security metad main

it will be broken. the new format is

 gnewsense-security metad/updates main

See the next points :)

 - software-properties-gtk works
 - if you have an existing sources.list, s-p-g will probably put all
existing entries under 'third-party software'. empty your sources.list
manually, or delete the entries with s-p-g and you should be good to go.

s-p-g doesn't show checkboxes for -security. I edited my -security lines to metad/updates, but then s-p-g shows them under Third-Party Software. Would this fall under bug #29378?