Re: [Gnewsense-dev] GRUB as firmware available for Yeeloong

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] GRUB as firmware available for Yeeloong
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 12:07:43 +0200

cristian paul peñaranda rojas wrote:
>> I recommend having a separate PLCC chip with working pmon and
>>
> where we can get those chips? and procedires to sabe pmon on it?

They are available for purchase at
http://ch.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtpQ9m7utombPTQIXbhrd0P
pmon image is available at
http://dev.lemote.com/drupal/sites/default/files/pmon-LM8089-1.4.3.bin
NO WARRANTY whatsoever.
I use the following way of flashing:
1) Boot yeeloong with pmon with USB stick holding firmware attached and
get into shell, replace the chip with a target one (it's a socketed chip
near SD card reader on the bottom size of the mobo with "MX" written on
it, you'll need a PLCC extractor and be sure to have the  dot on the
chip point away from battery).
2) load -r -f bfc00000 (usb0,0)/image.bin

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko