[Gnewsense-dev] Re: gNewSense now has a mirror at MIT / broken symlinks

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gNewSense now has a mirror at MIT / broken symlinks
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:14:23 -0400

>>> What mirror(s) can we give them? us.archive is our canonical mirror
>>> location, and is held at the FSF.
>
> no, my thought was more 'if they want to appear in our archive dns pool,
> how should we do this'?

Hmm, I'm not sure. Back when I used Debian and Ubuntu, I always just
used debian.lcs.mit.edu and ubuntu.media.mit.edu - I don't know if they
also had .debian.org / .ubuntu.com aliases.

Since both mirrors are very high speed and very close geographically,
perhaps it would make the most sense to have us.archive.gnewsense.org
continue to point to the FSF server, but have a procedure in place to
switch that over to the MIT server if that one has downtime.

Also IMHO something like mit.us.gnewsense.org and fsf.us.gnewsense.org
would be useful.

--
Daniel JB Clark | http://pobox.com/~dclark | Activist; Owner
           \|/