Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Announcing Who Hacks What web page

From: Graziano
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Announcing Who Hacks What web page
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 11:25:13 +0100

Il giorno dom, 21/03/2010 alle 06.20 +0100, crap0101 ha scritto:
> Il giorno dom, 21/03/2010 alle 10.09 +1030, Karl Goetz ha scritto:
> > On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 20:58:26 +0100
> > Graziano <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Announcing Who Hacks What about gNewSense in a single, clean page.
> > >
> > > The result is here:
> > >
> > > http://wiki.gnewsense.org/WhoHacksWhat/WhoHacksWhat
> > >

> > > It would be good if people who is working on something gNewSense
> > > related could add his name.
> >
> > Perhaps we could find a volunteer to merge the pages that already have
> > info like this with the new page. Its good to have a 'single, clean
> > page', but only if its the single reference point ;)
> > kk
> >

> I'm not sure to see the advantage of such page. It take a chance to
> become a blur and asynchronous list of nicks [0] and tasks.
> The help page [1] is quite well organized, and the suitable place to
> have those infos; so I think is better to enhance those pages by adding
> such infos in the proper 'task page' (e.g. the "Developer" page, the
> "Documentation Team" page, the "Artwork Team" page, etc.).
> At least - take advantage by a standard format - we can think to set up
> an autogenerated summary page like the one proposed which pick
> informations from the former pages and display those infos (so as to
> avoid resynch various places).
>

> [0] why the IRC name? isn't better to use the wiki's or savannah's one?
> Or those + IRC.
> [1] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp

There are many ways to do a page like the one proposed.

GNU Project has an alphabetical list of past and present GNU
contributors,  Debian has a single page for the organizational structure
listed by roles, and so on.

We need to have ONE page listing all gNewSense contributors, their
status and their current activities, better if divided by role to make
search easier.

I agree with Karl that contributors information should be inside one
page only and that is the goal of the Who Hacks What page.

How To Help page has another goal, it focuses on informations about how
to help a single project.

There is the need for both of these pages, each with its own relevant
informations inside.

Graziano Sorbaioli
gNewSense Community Manager
sorbaioli.org