Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gNewSense-MIPS and SiliconMotion video driver

From: Zhang Le
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gNewSense-MIPS and SiliconMotion video driver
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 01:59:08 +0000

On 18:03 Fri 19 Mar     , Karl Goetz wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:07:53 +0800
> Wu Zhangjin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 12:52 -0400, Brett Smith wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > Alternatively, if anyone could help me build/get the compiler chain,
> >
> > For the cross-compiler, I think this is the best guide:
> >
> > http://cross-lfs.org/view/svn/mips64-64/cross-tools/introduction.html
> >
> > Remember to use the suitable binutils and it's patch, I recommend you
> > checkout the binutils from it's cvs repository, that one will need no
> > extra patch for Loongson.
> >
> >   cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/src login
> >   {enter "anoncvs" as the password}
> >   cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/src co binutils
>
> I backported the snapshot from debian experimental and i'm getting hard
> lockups.

If you get the lockup when compiling, please use fix-nop.c.tar.gz which can be
found on this page
http://dev.lemote.com/code/linux-loongson-community/wiki/WikiStart#Developement

to fix as and ld in binutils packages.

And please add "-Wa,-mfix-loongson2f-nop" to CFLAGS system wide in the future.

Zhang, Le