Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: PowerPC Hardware

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: PowerPC Hardware
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:21:06 -0700 (PDT)

Tekk <address@hidden> wrote ..

> aside from this we have the fact that it'll be outdated pretty quickly.
> I haven't heard anything about ppc since the early-mid 00's

PowerPC is still very much alive, although perhaps not so much on desktop
computers [1].

After speaking with people I decided that, in the end, it was better to focus
on companies that value freeom, like Lemote, and not to push forward with a
PowerPC version of gNS.

[1] http://arstechnica.com/hardware/news/2009/09/ibms-8-core-power7-twice-the-
muscle-half-the-transistors.ars