Re: [Gnewsense-dev] New base for gNewSense 3

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] New base for gNewSense 3
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:39:20 +1030

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:43:33 +0100
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Karl Goetz schreef:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > gNewSense 3 will be rebased from the current Debian stable, to
> > Debian testing, as soon as it is frozen by the Debian release
> > managers. Members of our community [1] have provided a huge amount
> > of work towards gNewSense, but based on Debian stable.

> > I will be attempting to help the Debian project fix bugs which
> > prevent 'squeeze' (Debian testing) from freezing. I feel this is a
> > valid use of my time, as it directly affects the gNS 3.0 release,
> > and I encourage others to help Debian reduce its RC bug count[3].
>
> Would it be useful to keep a (more or less) short list of RC bugs
> that are more important for gNewSense than others, so anyone wanting
> to help knows what to focus on? I'm thinking bugs that have to do
> with e.g. freedom issues, mipsel platform. That Debian list is still
> long, so it's easy to get lost in there.

Yeah. Anything on this (long) list should be ok for us to work on, if
my quick inspection of the options selected is correct:

http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php?bydist=squeeze&sortby=packages&ignhinted=on&ignclaimed=on&ignnew=on&ignsec=on&ignpending=on&ignpatch=on&igncontrib=on&ignnonfree=on&ignbritney=on&ipv6=on&doublebuild=on&recommends=on&rmdepmake=on&goal-dash=on&new=9&refresh=18000

Full list of bugs affecting debian testing (contains non-free and
contrib, view with care).

http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/other/testing.html

I'll work on a list here [0] which people can refer to. Please feel
free to add things to it as they are found - eg, freedom issues with
debian, or just things we'd want to fix anyway.
kk

[0] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/DebianBugs

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)