[Gnewsense-dev] ogg123 fails on 1-channel files

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] ogg123 fails on 1-channel files
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:55:49 -0500

ogg123 -d alsa is giving me this error message:

    Audio Device:   Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) output

Playing: sadi-moma.ogg

Ogg Vorbis stream: 1 channel, 44100 Hz
    ALSA snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channels error: Invalid argument

Error: Cannot open device alsa.

on non-stereo files.  It does work on stereo files.
The non-stereo files are valid; previous versions of
ogg123 worked, and alsaplayer works on them now.

I will send you a copy of a file on which this fails
if you ask.  These files are too long to include in this message.