Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Tying together the network-manager work

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Tying together the network-manager work
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:10:18 +1030

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:24:35 -0500
Brett Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 04:14 -0500, Daniel Clark wrote:
> > Brett - were you seeing something like this?
>
> I was not.  At the time, I was not being offered the chance to upgrade
> network-manager at all: the only thing dist-upgrade wanted to upgrade
> was Pidgin.
>
> Here's what I'm getting when I try to do a dist-upgrade now.  It looks
> like not *all* the network-mananger-related packages in the archive
> have been updated to their 0.7 versions yet?  If this is a known
> transition issue and I should do some package munging by hand to get
> out of it, just let me know and I'll be happy to follow along.
>
> address@hidden:~$ sudo aptitude dist-upgrade
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> Reading state information... Done
> Reading extended state information... Done
> Initializing package states... Done
> Reading task descriptions... Done
> The following packages are BROKEN:

> be used. The following packages have unmet dependencies: libpurple0:
> Depends: pidgin-data (< 2.4.3-z) but 2.6.6-1~bpo50+1 is to be

This should be fixed on the next sync for amd64, I might have to
manually build them for mipsel though.

> installed. network-manager: Breaks: network-manager-gnome (< 0.7~~)
> but 0.6.6-4+lenny1 is installed. pidgin: Depends: pidgin-data (<
> 2.4.3-z) but 2.6.6-1~bpo50+1 is to be installed. The following
> actions will resolve these dependencies:

Pidgin I think there is a bug open about, but i'd have to go and check
what the exact version was.

> Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q
> Abandoning all efforts to resolve these dependencies.
> Abort.

Could you try out wicd as an alternative? I've been trying to get some
useful feedback about it, but so far all I've got is 'it installs'.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au