Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Some suggestions for metad

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Some suggestions for metad
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:21:51 -0500

El vie, 12-02-2010 a las 08:54 +1030, Karl Goetz escribió:
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:41:47 -0500
> sirgazil <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to suggest the following changes for metad. I think these can
> > help make users' transition from gNS 2.3 to gNS 3 a bit more smooth.
> >
> > - Change the behavior of Nautilus to always open a browser window.
> > With the default behavior, every time you double click on a folder,
> > Nautilus opens a new window.
>
> > - Consider if it is useful to have the Window Selector in the
> > top-right corner when there's already a List of Windows in the bottom
> > panel.
>
> So whats the delta for these? who does the work? who maintains it?

What's a delta?

> > - I think Brasero should be installed by default.
>
> Why?

Because it is easier to use than the default option. It has an interface
similar to many applications that do the same thing.

> > - The menu Application » System Tools, seems out of place to me. If it
> > contains system tools, these should be in the System menu.
>
> Why?

Because they are system tools not things that common users will use
regularly.

Karl, it's ok if the developers can't do this because of time or
importance. I'm suggesting them because I don't have the skills to
implement them.