Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gnewsense GNU/Hurd

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gnewsense GNU/Hurd
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 09:03:45 +1030

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:46:58 +0100
Graziano <address@hidden> wrote:

> gNewSense 3.0 will be debian based.
>
> Debian has also a GNU/Hurd distribution.
>
> I think in the long term it's important for us to find someone to
> maintain a gNewSense GNU/Hurd system so to be able to use a fully gnu
> system.

What.
The.
Fuck.

We don't have the manpower to maintain the releases we have now, and
you want us to start thinking about supporting a kernel that doens't
run outside virtual machines?

> As usual I am not a techie and not a developer so I ask you if we
> could at least start thinking about a possible solution to achieve it.

And as usual you are telling other people what they should be doing.
If you think we should be doing hurd support you do like the people who
want powerpc support are trying to do: You make it happen. By doing the
work.
</seriously not fucking happy>
kk

--