[Gnewsense-dev] gNS mipsel - package xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion xs

From: Niklas Cholmkvist
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] gNS mipsel - package xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion xserver instability
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 03:06:47 +0200

Hi,

When I install the package xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion and later
reboot my computer the xserver refuses to start. Currently I have this
package uninstalled, although I want to install it but disable the
drivers so it doesn't crash. This to help me understand more about
where the problem lies.(from an educational point of view)

Does anyone have this package installed while xserver doesn't crash or
even provides some form of 2d acceleration enhancement?

Note: Is it ok to post such an issue as this to the dev list? Is it ok
that such a message as this be posted on this list or would it be
better to post it on the gnewsense-users list?

Kind regards,

Niklas

--
Niklas Holmkvist