[Gnewsense-dev] Re: Debugging linux freeze / crash problems on the yeelo

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Debugging linux freeze / crash problems on the yeeloong
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 13:39:32 -0500

Wu Zhangjin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 16:00 -0500, Danny Clark wrote:
>> Could someone speak to how to debug problems on the yeeloong, where the
>> kernel, linux freezes without spewing any errors to the console?
>
> are you working with the console? and with the 2D acceleration of sm712
> enabled? If yes, the problem should be the bug of 2D acceleration.

I've reproduced from other boxes via ssh into the target box as well, so
I do not think this is the problem I was seeing; but I think we
currently do have CONFIG_FB_SM7XX_ACCEL enabled, so it is important that
we disable it judging from your information.

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny