[Gnewsense-dev] Interesting notes from linux 2.6.33 / kernel [sic] plumb

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Interesting notes from linux 2.6.33 / kernel [sic] plumber blog
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 19:20:33 -0500

>From http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/staging-status-12-2009.html

(1) Here is some new drivers that will show up in .33:
sm7xx - another frame buffer driver

I think this is what's in the yeeloong? Although bernie tells me the
in-linux frame buffer drivers even with the _ACCEL .config options only
do reallt primative acceleration, so we still really need Xorg...

(2) Here's the list of drivers that have had work done on them that will
show up in the .33 release:

rtl* - more wireless driver work, horrible code, but it seems to work
for the users. Hopefully more development time can be spent here in the
new year.

(yeeloong has rtl8187b for wifi and I think rtl8189 for wired ethernet)

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny