[Gnewsense-dev] wifi-test (was: Re: 2.6.32-libre-lemote vs NetworkManage

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] wifi-test (was: Re: 2.6.32-libre-lemote vs NetworkManager (race condition?))
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:38:38 -0500

I just ran across this which looks like it is something someone should
run against wifi on the yeeloong at some point (or perhaps lemote
already is / is planning on doing so?):

http://linuxwireless.org/en/developers/Testing/wifi-test
http://intellinuxwireless.org/testing/wifi-test.html

If anyone else knows of other wifi testing tools or methodologies please
tell us.

This is going to be an extremely unhelpful level of detail, but at the
moment I am testing against 3 access points that support WPA against
Wu's cross-compiled 2.6.32 linux.

One of them (open-mesh router) works fine apparently randomly about half
the time; another (ath9k based router running openwrt) isn't visible at
all, and a 3rd (novatel mifi) is seen, but network-manager fails to
connect all of the time.

In general it would be useful to know how to get the developers of
rtl8187b the level of detail they would find useful in debugging; the
network-manager log messages do not look like they would be enough.

Thanks,
--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny