Re: [Gnewsense-dev] grub-yeeloong

From: samy boutayeb
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] grub-yeeloong
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 07:23:54 +0100

Hi Karl,

Le mardi 15 décembre 2009 à 14:01 +1030, Karl Goetz a écrit :

> Can you give more details on what you mean here? They do boot perfectly
> without boot.cfg, if the correct settings are made in pmon. (Mine still
> boots this way).
> kk

Do you mean one should modify a specific setting in pmon? Then, I assume
that the parameter that should be modified is "al", which initial value
is "/dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/vmlinux".
Is it correct to set this parameter to "/dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/grub.elf"?

BTW, what are the preliminary operations?
I have installed grub-yeeloong and yeeloong-base, then I executed:

grub-image -0 elf -o grub.elf -f font.bin sm712 gfxterm sh normal
at_keyboard ata linux part_msdos ext2

with the following error: "grub-mkimage: error: cannot stat font.bin"

then

"grub-install /dev/hda"

It created a "grub.elf" file.

Is the grub porting at an too early stage to update the
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS page with the
detailed procedure?

Thank you for your help

Samy