[Gnewsense-dev] Re: metad beta1 - amd64 macbook pro

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: metad beta1 - amd64 macbook pro
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 06:30:50 -0500

Karl Goetz wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 21:38:41 +0200
> Lars Nooden <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Daniel Clark wrote:
>
>>> It says EFI is only starting to be supported directly in
>>> squeeze, so it certainly wouldn't work "out of the box"
>> Not all set ups need it.  I found I needed EFI only when a multiboot
>> setup included OS X. So gNewSense should use it.
>
> Where "it" is EFI?

Yes. I have no actual working knowledge here, this statement was just
based on the below quote from http://wiki.debian.org/MacBook

"This requires you to set up system with EFI bootloader. We should see
this happen real soon for squeeze."

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny