Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: metad beta1 released

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: metad beta1 released
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:22:44 +0100

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 02:03:16PM +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Robert Millan <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > powerpc is left out of the release, and will most likely be left out of the
> > final release unless someone steps in as maintainer of powerpc port.
>
> Is manpower or machine availability the critical concern?

Both.  But Daniel seems to be able to cover for the latter.

> Is there some documentation on porting gnewsense metad to a new
> platform?  I'd like to see an ARM port eventually too.

I can enable armel in the archive in a matter of 5 minutes.  The remaining
work is that someone needs to periodically provide updates for:

  - Linux-libre images
  - metad-installer (this actually needs to happen in a cronjob which
    can be syncronized with archive.g.o on a daily basis)
  - all arch-specific packages in the overlay (this should be automated, but
    isn't yet)

And needless to say, debug/fix any issues we may encounter.

--
Robert Millan