Re: [Gnewsense-dev] freedom verification in metad

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] freedom verification in metad
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 17:50:59 +1030

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:24:19 +0100
Robert Millan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been told that the blacklist in metad needs updating.  Please,
> could someone who's more involved with freedom verirication efforts
> add the missing entries?

Whoever does this just note:
 - the blacklist in 2.x isnt 100% applicable to metad, so double check
if you want to use an entry.
 -
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/List_of_software_that_does_not_respect_the_Free_System_Distribution_Guidelines
may contain useful entries, but again, double check.

> blacklist is now hosted at Bazaar (metad branch) and any project
> member has write access to it.

I assume a valid patch sent to the list is acceptable too? (Thinking
about people who may not want a savannah account).
thanks,
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)