[Gnewsense-dev] Re: [OLPH] Gnewsense on Gdium

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: [OLPH] Gnewsense on Gdium
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 10:09:41 -0400

>> Someone in Italy is asking about Gnewsense experience on Gdium. The
>> GnewsensetoMIPS project can be found here:
>> http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS and I'd be curious to
>> know whether anyone has tried yet and/if anyone could try and report back?

I don't have personal knowledge of gNewSense running on the gdium, but
since gNewSense doesn't support nonfree wifi the default gdium wifi
would not work.

It is possible to replace the nonfree wifi on the gdium, but it's a bit
of a procedure; philv has an excellent step-by-step blog post on how to
do that, but I can't seem to be able to find it at the moment.

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny