Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Is VLC free?

From: crap0101
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Is VLC free?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:52:06 +0200

Il giorno mer, 19/08/2009 alle 12.46 +0200, address@hidden
ha scritto:

> Transrate directory which contains putvlc.h has been deleted 14 hours
> ago, see
> http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=commit;h=29d2ca92fc94a9407ed829539fe3403c6499970e.
>  Then future releases of gNewSense should not have it
> anymore.
>
> Christophe

anyway, i think we should provide the new source code without those
files or, at least, patch ourself the current vlc version in the repo.
Since vlc is actually provided in source code form only and has not
dependence problems (or conflict witin other packages) the fist solution
is more desirable than a patch or a purge (imo).

what do you think?

m.

--
me -> http://crap0101.gnu-darwin.org