Re: [Gnewsense-dev] homemade linux-libre kernel repo

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] homemade linux-libre kernel repo
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 13:08:54 +0200

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 11:03:08 +0200
Zach Oglesby <address@hidden> wrote:

> Quoting Russell Currey <address@hidden>:
>
> > On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 23:26 +0000, Elias Angulo wrote:
> >> Yes please, I would like to do everything all right with the repo,
> >> send me the requisites you want or look for me in the IRC under the
> >> nick felix ;)
> >>
> >> At the moment I succesfully generated the GPG key, which is
> >> F148081A and its right placed in the repo and APT can manage it.
> >>
> >> And I am trying to export VLC from the Ubuntu multiverse repo, and
> >> upload to mine. I asked, it respects the Four Freedoms, and it
> >> does, but have patenting problems. I googled a bit and found a
> >> repo called "multistanza" that initially has the  purpose of
> >> hosting this kind of multiverse programs.
> >>
> >> deb http://multistanza.freedomdreams.co.uk/ binary-i386/
> >

> I know the guy who wrote that script and hosted it, I will talk to
> him on and see if he still has it. I know that the repo because I
> was using the same server as him and we stopped using it.

I've had his script for a while since multistanza was set up. You can
find it attached. It compares both debian's and ubuntu's repos and
download packages which are considered free in debian but are in
ubuntu's non-free repo.

Could this discussion on vlc change subject, as it is not related to
linux kernel. A subject much like "multiverse but free repo" sounds good
to me.

Christophe