Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Report of non-free software in gNewSense

From: crap0101
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Report of non-free software in gNewSense
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 19:11:17 +0200

Il giorno mar, 09/06/2009 alle 09.22 +0200, Sam Geeraerts ha scritto:
> Richard Stallman schreef:
> > I've heard a report that the Free Pascal Compiler contains some
> > non-free software (and a copyright violation) which was fixed in
> > version 2.2.2.  Can you check this, and either remove it or upgrade it?
> >
> > Please ack when you've dealt with this.
>
> I've checked this and made a bug report:
> http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00288

*maybe* we can safety upgrade the package using the version 2.2.2-8 from
the jaunty repos. I tried to install it ( and its dependence
fp-units-rtl )
~$ dpkg -i fp-compiler_2.2.2-8_i386.deb fp-units-rtl_2.2.2-8_i386.deb
and i got no errors or warnings, they works.

Or build a new package from the last version?

--
SIP address: address@hidden