[Gnewsense-dev] Re: Webapps infrastructure

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Webapps infrastructure
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 00:41:19 -0400

Karl Goetz wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 22:05:21 +0000
> Matteo Giaccone <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Karl Goetz <address@hidden>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi all.
>

>>> - gmane/similar service for forum replacement
>> i'd really like forum or similar replacement, because i think it's
>> easier to follow discussions there respect in mailing lists. But i
>> don't think it's fundamental.
>
> What about a forum makes it easier to follow? is it the consecutive
> posts bit? Perhaps try threading your email and see if that helps :)
>
> (Not trying to say 'this is easy, you just dont get it')
>
>> for bug tracking i'm using mantis that i like a lot. I don't know if
>> it's good for eternal people, but the project is very good and
>> powerful. Worth a try.
>
> It has one of the features I love about mediawiki - editable sections,
> instead of needing to load the whole page.

Me too. You can add this to trac with SectionEditPlugin, but it isn't as
slick as in Mediawiki (specifically the page preview shows you the whole
page, not just the section you edited, and it shows you only the section
you selected, not its subsections; but I assume those things would both
be fixable by someone with time + inclination + python skillz)

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny