Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Installing mips port to Yeeloong continues to fail

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Installing mips port to Yeeloong continues to fail
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 07:02:27 -0300

On Apr 10, 2009, Erwan Lerale <address@hidden> wrote:

> ziro a écrit :
>> I suspect that the problem is about signature, but I am not sure at
>> all.

> Same problem here.

+1

I managed to get past that point, by switching to VT2 and replacing the
debian keyring in /usr/share/keyrings with the attached file.  I suppose
the initrd.gz needs updating with the newer debian-archive-keyring udeb.

This managed debootstrap to install, but then other packages would still
fail to verify.  Even after chrooting to /target and apt-get upgrading
debian-archive-keyring so as to get the new key installed, packages
still failed to install.

Some aptitude runs would block waiting for input from stdin telling it
whether or not to proceed with the installation.  I managed to get those
to advance by echoing Yes to /proc/<aptitude-pid>/fd/0.

Others would fail because -y was given without some other option.  I've
managed to work around those by running the corresponding apt-get
command in the chroot, and telling it that proceeding without checking
the packages was ok.  To get the same set of packages installed, it
seems like we need to pass '-o APT::Install-Recommends=0' to apt-get.

Anyhow...  It looks like this would have worked, if the kernel hadn't
frozen part-way through the gnewsense-pkgsel-$something install.

I couldn't figure out how to avoid having to jump through these hoops.
Any ideas?

TIA,