[Gnewsense-dev] Re: this mailing list

From: Yavor Doganov
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 18:39:53 +0300

Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix - wrote:
> Some people are not subscribed to the list but read it though things
> like gmane.

I am one of those, although I don't remember if I subscribed before
the newsgroup became available.  Maybe I disabled mail delivery after
that, or (unlikely) unsubscribed.

> We can't have an open list as the amount of spam we filter is
> actually enough to be annoying.

Consider using listhelper [1] -- the (extremely) nice guys behind the
scene kindly moderate a monstrous amount of mailing lists; I'm sure
there is no problem for them if gNS' own lists are handled by them.

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ListHelperAntiSpam