[Gnewsense-dev] su-to-root problem (synaptic, etc)

From: Robert Millan
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] su-to-root problem (synaptic, etc)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 22:32:53 +0200

Hi,

I mostly solved the su-to-root problem (causing links in the GNOME
menu for synaptic, etc, that need root to be unable to access root
permissions).

I'll arrange it for new installs to get the fix automagically; for
existing installs:

1) add the following line to /etc/sudoers:

%sudo   ALL=(ALL) ALL

2) add your user to "sudo" group (adduser youruser sudo)

3) dist-upgrade

--
Robert Millan