Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Coreboot on the next hw from Lemote?

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Coreboot on the next hw from Lemote?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:55:45 +0100

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 02:33:31PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Will the successor of the Yeeloong (it should run a multicore cpu) boot from
> the
> free Coreboot bios (
> http://coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-January/029133.html )... and the
> next free laptop ship with Coreboot+ gNewsense?

You're confusing things.  Coreboot is not a replacement for PMON2000, i.e. it's
not a bootloader.  What coreboot does is the pre-boot initialisation of
hardware that happens behind the scenes.

If coreboot supported the yeeloong, that'd make it easier to port other
bootloaders to it, like GNU GRUB.

--
Robert Millan