Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: [gNewSense-users] Do we have any python hackers?

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: [gNewSense-users] Do we have any python hackers?
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 21:19:18 +0100

Jean Schurger schreef:
This patch should fix.

Have your tested this? It leaves me with no checkboxes for main and universe in the GUI.

Here's what I found: according to /etc/lsb-release the name of our release is deltah-updates instead of deltah. That confuses python-apt, because when it reads /usr/share/python-apt/templates/gNewSense.info it thinks that the main suite is deltah-updates. The section for the main suite should have its BaseURI set, because its child suites fall back to it.

The piece of code this patch applies to makes a list of URIs from sources.list. Only the URIs that match that of the main suite or that of one of its children are valid. It then adds the main URI if that's not in there and the URI of the nearest server if that's not in there. So with this patch that leaves us with the URI of deltah-updates, which is missing.

A proper workaround is to replace deltah-updates with deltah in /etc/lsb-release. But we would need to find out why it is that way in the first place.