[Gnewsense-dev] gnewsense-mipsel-l DVDs via physical mail

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] gnewsense-mipsel-l DVDs via physical mail
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:38:06 -0500

If you'd like to test the new alpha gnewsense-mipsel-l GNU/Linux
distribution (and have some lemote loongson 2f hardware, such as the
yeeloong netbook or fuloong mini-desktop to test on), but slow internet
connectivity is hampering you, please send your postal address and phone
# to address@hidden , and we'll get ~4 DVDs in the mail to you early
next week.

Please only do so if you have a serious commitment to developing and/or
testing the new distribution. The distribution is not yet ready for
end-users, and I'm planning on just writing the DVDs manually myself
unless I get way more responses than I am expecting.

The DVDs will just be a dump of the repository; you'll need to copy them
to your local hard drive (so you'll need at least say 25GB of free hard
drive space), and then rsync against the repos on the internet to get
the latest updates.

Donations to the FSF to cover costs (or more if you choose) via:
    https://www.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom/donate
when you receive the DVDs are gratefully accepted, but not required.

Cheers,
--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny