Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Getting involved

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Getting involved
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 11:37:31 +1030

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 06:29:06 +0530
address@hidden (Shyam | ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട്  | Karanattu) wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have been using gNewSense for quite some months now and has been
> planning for long to do some serious job. Now i am thinking which job
> to take up;-)

:)

> Have been reading a bit about the gnewsense mips project, but am
> still a student and so can't afford to buy any lemote. Is it worth
> testing the repos with qemu or the emulator mentioned in the wiki?

At the moment I'd say theres probably not much point in someone else
without hardware getting involved (afaik most people are currently in
that boat).

> Whats the status of the PFV/KFV projects? how to get started with
> that? can i get started with the "sound" section in "include" of
> kernel section?

I'll have to let someone else answer that.

> Also I was reading about getting glx back on gnewsense repo and it
> seems thats solved in a better way by communication with xorg guys
> than doing a manual checking?

The actual reintroduction is a 4 line diff (which I have ready), but
afaik brian/paul want to be sure its ready for re-introduction.
You getting in touch with xorg would be great :)

> I am more than happy to join any of these. Please give your
> suggestions on getting started .

Welcome in,
kk

--