gnats-prs

gnats/665: Re: gnats/665: Re: gnats/665: queue-pr -r doesn't process the

From: bug-gnats
Subject: gnats/665: Re: gnats/665: Re: gnats/665: queue-pr -r doesn't process the incoming messages in the right order
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 02:25:01 -0600 (CST)

The following reply was made to PR gnats/665; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Stephane Chazelas <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
Subject: Re: gnats/665: Re: gnats/665: queue-pr -r doesn't process the incoming
messages in the right order
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:20:01 +0000

 On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 03:15:02PM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
 > The following reply was made to PR gnats/665; it has been noted by GNATS.
 >
 > From: Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>
 > To: address@hidden
 > Subject: Re: gnats/665: queue-pr -r doesn't process the incoming messages in
 > the right order
 > Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 15:08:35 -0600
 >
 >  Stephane, I think that your approach is fine.  If you take out the
 >  2000 message limit conditional and use a macro #define for the queue
 >  directory file name length limit (i.e. QFNAMELEN), we should be able
 >  to commit it to CVS.  How did testing go with this change?
 [...]

 Hi Chad,

 I've been using it for a while (3 different databases with an
 average of about 1000 in each). No problem encountered so far. I
 had done some testings at the time, I don't remember how much it
 covered but I think it was relatively exhaustive.

 The queue files are just numbers (1, 2...), their length can't
 grow very big (7 would already mean gnats is unusable: 100000
 files in a directory!), so I don't think there's much point in
 coming up with a macro for that. If you care about numbers
 greater than 10^31, then you'll have to care about numbers
 wrapping when you reach your greatest integer.

 Cheers,
 Stephane