gnats-prs

gnats/180: gen-index doesn't work with binary indexes

From: yngve . svendsen
Subject: gnats/180: gen-index doesn't work with binary indexes
Date: 23 Apr 2001 11:44:46 -0000

>Number:         180
>Category:       gnats
>Synopsis:       gen-index doesn't work with binary indexes
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Apr 23 04:54:01 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     address@hidden
>Release:        Gnats 4 from latest CVS, Gnatsweb 3.95 with pending dtb patch
>Environment:

I tried migrating one of our databases to Gnats 4. Among other things, I had to
regenerate the index file.

I first tried leaving the default setting of "binary-index true". gen-index
generated a faulty index, with queries bombing with the error message

622 - Index file /usr/local/share/gnats/helpdesk/gnats-adm/index contains
incorrect number of fields

After setting binary-index to "false" and rerunning gen-index, things worked as
they should.

In short, gen-index currently does not work with binary indexes.
>How-To-Repeat:
See Description