Re: [Gnash] gnash binary

From: Dossy Shiobara
Subject: Re: [Gnash] gnash binary
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 11:41:02 -0500

Hi, Yuriy,

Unfortunately, the getgnash.org domain expired at some point, but it looks like the Internet Archive has snapshots of the site before it went down:

http://web.archive.org/web/20150719083506/http://www.getgnash.org/packages/snapshots/windows/

I'm not sure who is still around that has any kind of administrative privileges for the GNU Gnash project, but it might be nice to grab a copy of all the builds from Internet Archive and host them on a more permanent, GNU-owned asset such as ftp.gnu.org if possible.

I would be happy to volunteer to do the work, if someone can grant me the access.

FYI - the un-official version you linked to - that was me.  :-)

Anyway, you can give the very last snapshot build a try and if you get the same error, then most likely your SWF just isn't supported by Gnash and you'll have to go a different route for your solution.

Best of luck,

Dossy