[Gnash] Installation From Scratch

From: Sum Gai
Subject: [Gnash] Installation From Scratch
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:37:54 -0400

Alright, so I was poking around on the AGG group for this problem, but since I'm trying to install Gnash I figured I'd go straight to the source.

The system I'm trying to install it on is a UNIX box that doesn't really have any of the dependencies, apparently. The first time I tried to run ./configure I ended up being told to install the following: libxml2, KDE development package (I plan to skip this since, apparently, I can), JPEG library development package, gstreamer, AGG development package, BOOST. I've gone to all the sites in question and downloaded the source files (I'm relatively new to UNIX; I have no idea what a 'package manager' is or how to use it, and the documentation seems to assume that I should).

Where do I go from here? Assume I have no idea what I'm doing, because that's basically the case.

I've basically gone through the list as follows: cd to the directory that I extracted the files to, type './configure', type 'make', type 'make install'. For libxml2 and gstreamer, this worked fine. For AGG I get an error (apparently you're not supposed to compile AGG or something?), and for Boost and the JPEG package it appears to work. However, when I type './configure' in the gnash directory I extracted things to, it says that I still need to install the JPEG library development package, AGG development package, and BOOST development package. But I just did. So what's the deal here?