Re: [Gnash] Gnash query

From: Jonathan Gowar
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash query
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:54:39 +0100

Braydon Fuller wrote:
Jonathan Gowar wrote:
(...)

Clearly, Gnash is great, don't get me wrong. But, why are we trying to soothe the symptoms, instead of producing a cure?
I see it an opportunity to move away from standard SWF in a compatible way, however there are still things you can do in Gnash player that you can't do with the proprietary player, such as support for free media formats like OGG. So it's compatible, but can also be incompatible.

That sounds more like it! I don't mind supporting the proprietary, but that doesn't mean we are forced into following it.

Thanks

--
All postal correspondence to: Positive House, 24 Broadway, London. W13 0SU

The Positive Internet Company Limited is registered in England and Wales.
Registered company number: 3673639. VAT no: 726 7072 28.
Registered office: Northside House, Mount Pleasant, Barnet, Herts, EN4 9EE.