[Gnash] helping the Gnash project

From: Enchanted Visions
Subject: [Gnash] helping the Gnash project
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:08:23 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Gnash Community,
     I am a member of the Ubuntu community. Recently I posed a question to the community at large about Flash support with Free Software. The general consensus at this point is that it is an issue that Free Software isn't the first place people turn for Flash support. Also that we would like Gnash to get to the point where people will choose it for both reasons of Freedom and for its technical abilities.
     I am looking for Ideas to bring back to the community how we can assist you in your work. I have made the suggestion of donations to help pay for development. Others have also suggested that there are other Free Flash projects such as swfdec that might be able to collaborate with you on your project as you have similar Goals. Perhaps this is already happening and I just don't know about it.
   Bottom line is  how can we assist you on furthering your project and getting a fully functional player out quicker. I am hoping to generate enough support and interest to get you what you need to make you a success.

here is a link to the post I made: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=755805

It didn't always generate the most productive conversations and sometimes totally got off track but I hope it helps flesh out further what I am talking about and trying to do.

~Michael C.~