Re: [Gnash] Using gnash to play swf file

From: Meryl Silverburgh
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Using gnash to play swf file
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 00:44:20 -0600

On 2/26/07, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 10:35:11AM -0600, Meryl Silverburgh wrote:
> On 2/26/07, Meryl Silverburgh <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> BTW, where is 'v1' defined ?
> >>

> I think v1 is an anonymous function.
> var v1 = function () {
>  };
> and then 'logic.MovieController' is assigned to it and extends it from
> MovieClip
>  logic.MovieController = v1;
>  logic.MovieController extends MovieClip;

Ok, seen. Our aim now is to *reduce* the testcase.
Is flare able to produce an SWF from that source code ?
Are you able to produce a *reduced* testcase showing
that Gnash doesn't behave as the proprietary player ?

--strk;

May be the problem in how the method 'setMovie', 'playMoive' are being called:

from the flare output:

My question is I don't see 'player.movie' is being set anywhere.
so how can the method 'setMovie', 'playMovie' can be called correctly?

frame 1 {
   movie = player.movie;
   movie.base_url = '/';
   movie.tracker_cls = logic.PlayerTracker;
   movie.setMovie(video_id, undefined, undefined, l, t);
   movie.playMovie();
   Stage.scaleMode = 'noScale';
   Stage.addListener(this);
   onResize = function () {
     player.resize(Stage.width, Stage.height);
   };