[Gnash] Re: Time for a new gnash release?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: [Gnash] Re: Time for a new gnash release?
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:29:21 +0100

[Patrice Dumas]
> In my opinion we should do what helps the project move along faster.
> Currently it goes along well without release.

Well, in my experience, making proper releases draws attention to a
project (as distros pick them up and annouce them, and people see it
on freshmeat or other sites mentioning new free software projects),
and increased attention increase the user base and the inflow of new
developers.  Both will help the project move along faster.

> My personal opinion is that we can wait more until there are more
> stabilized features to test.

Of course a release need to be reasonably stable, but it is better to
release often with the working features one got already instead of
delaying a release to get one more feature working.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen