Re: [Gnash] Some test sites exposing problems in gnash

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Some test sites exposing problems in gnash
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:51:41 -0700

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> In case you need more test sites, here are a few examples.
>
>   Jokernord
>   http://www2.nrk.no/spill/?spill=jokernord

  Very cool, there is obviously a memory corruption problem here. I get
a weird snapshot of my screen mixed in with the movie.

>   Bo i Nydalen
>   http://www.boinydalen.no/
>
>     Render part of the application as it should, but the HTML in the
>     center is incorrectly rendered, and the buttons on the top do not
>     work.  The webcam on the side do not work either.

  We don't have support for the Camera AS2 class yet.

>   Weather station located in Grimstad, south in Norway
>   http://met.hia.no/

  I get a message from the movie itself that says "WDL file corrupted".
That sounds internal to the movie.

> There are problems with the other examples as well.  Are there
> problems with my setup, or general problems with gnash at the moment?

  These are probably all Gnash bugs. We should ass these to the
testsuite so they can be fixed. Can you file a formal bug report at
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=gnash with links to the test cases
? That's the best way to report bugs so they actually can get fixed.

  None of these triggers anything I can think of as a known bug, but
needless to say, they don't work. We fixed a slew of bugs for the
current release, but 100% compatibility is on ongoing task.

        - rob -