Re: [Gnash] firefox plugin fails to load

From: Wojciech Owczarek
Subject: Re: [Gnash] firefox plugin fails to load
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:07:11 +0200

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:42:01 -0400
"Gerald Britton" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Unfortunately, it didn't seem to change things too much:
>
> $ LDPRELOAD=/home/jerryb/.firefox/plugins/libgnashplugin.so firefox
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /home/jerryb/.firefox/plugins/libgnashplugin.so
> [/usr/local/lib/libgnashasobjs.so.0: undefined symbol:
> _ZN5gnash10shm_existsERKNS_7fn_callE]
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /home/jerryb/.firefox/plugins/libgnashplugin.so
> [/usr/local/lib/libgnashasobjs.so.0: undefined symbol:
> _ZN5gnash10shm_existsERKNS_7fn_callE]

"Undefined symbol" errors always remind me of having library mess.Make
sure that you don't have gnash also installed somewhere else, and you
don't have any other _old_ libraries/packages installed, as it was with
your automake. As to the $HOME/.firefox directory, put libgnashplugin.so
for your user into: /home/jerryb/.mozilla/plugins (this is sure to work)
If you don't have this directory, then create it and copy/link the
plugin there, and be sure to do:
ldconfig -n /home/jerryb/.mozilla/plugins
(as root). I don't remember having to do that with other plugins, but
this helped me to make firefox load the plugin. If firefox doesn't load
your plugin after that, you'll have to look for some orher source of
problems. Also (just in case) I remind that you need firefox
>=1.5 for gnash plugin.

regards,

--
   [x]--Wojciech---owczi---Owczarek--WO111-RIPE--[_][+]
    |--------- mailto: owczi|at|owczi|dot|net -------|