[Gnash] Gnash speed and free software

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Gnash] Gnash speed and free software
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 00:05:55 +0200

Hi,

I tried Gnash and it's good to have such a nice tool.

One cons: as it was already reported, it is really slow. I read that
it is recommended to get a 3D card to cope with that.

However these days, all the 3D cards out there require proprietary
drivers to be useful in this regard.

What would you recommend to get a usable Gnash on a completely free OS?

Cheers,

--
Sylvain
PS: incidentally, how comes 3D software emulation is this slow in the