Re: [Gnash] Firefox plugin fails to build...

From: Brynet
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Firefox plugin fails to build...
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:23:51 -0400

On 6/29/06, Patrice Dumas <address@hidden> wrote:
Maybe libtool is doing some magic on your platform, and installation must
be done with libtool --install. In the Makefile, you could try to comment
out the line
#       cp .libs/libgnashplugin.so $(DESTDIR)$(plugindir)/libgnashplugin.so

and uncoment
        $(LIBTOOL) --mode=install $(INSTALL) $(INSTALL_STRIP_FLAG)
$(plugin_LTLIBRARIES) "$(DESTDIR)$(plugindir)/$(plugin_LTLIBRARIES)"

I'd again recommend to update the libtool macros and use libtool --install
to install the plugin.

--
Pat

I did what you said.. the make install works.. but again it doesn't
install any library.. in the plugin/.libs file is only a .a and .la
the .la is a text file, I'm not seeing what I should install.. I find
no .so files and I even searched. Please does someone know whats up?
as i'm totally lost. Its not making a shared object for the firefox.
Do I copy the .a file into the firefox plugins dir lol??