Re: [Gnash] Dependency on libgtkglext

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Dependency on libgtkglext
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:29:56 +0200

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 11:59:42AM +0200, Bastiaan Jacques wrote:
> On Thursday 18 May 2006 09:43, strk wrote:
> > libgtkglext is probably NOT needed for ALL configurations.
> > Chances are it's not needed for GTK gui as well, but I still
> > don't know.
> >
> > Bastiaan, do you know if that's optional or mandatory ?
>
> Well, in the current situation, where we use backend/gnash.cpp, you need GTK
> plus gtkglext (unless you have system without GTK, in which case SDL will be
> used).
>
> In a little while we'll begin using gui/gnash.cpp, in which case the
> dependencies will be entirely dependent on which GUI and which rendering
> engine you choose.

Just for the record:
I'm able to build gui/gnash w/out gtkgl when using SDL gui

--enable-gui=sdl --enable-renderer=cairo

My question really is: is gtkgl *mandatory* for building
the GTK interface ? If this is the case we can dump an
error from configure when GTK gui is requested and either
gtk or gtkglext are not found.

--strk;