Re: [Gnash] Gnash un Windows CE

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash un Windows CE
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:07:08 -0700

BESSON Nicolas wrote:

My compagny is interested by this projet and plan to adapt this Linux Version to Windows CE, under GNU GPL licence. But to schedule this project we need to test the project maturity and there is no stable

Please remember this project is only a few months old in it's current form. It's already more functional and stable than when we started, but it's not entirely there yet. With more of us working on Gnash, it'd stabilize and become fully-functional quicker.

version of this player yet. Furthermore we have issues when trying to use it under Linux. Not all samples flash animations founds in the CVS repository works, only the first frame is displayed and when we moved the rendering window, the content became black.

I'd have to ask, which ones ? As far as I know, the ones checked in all work. Gnash doesn't play every Flash movie yet, but plays over 50% of them. Improving this is what we'll all be working on for quite a while...

So my questions are :
- When have you plan the next stable release version ?

I'm working towards cleaning up the issues that have been brought up to do that soon. This will be the 1st official snapshot release.

- Is there in the CVS repository a taged version that can be used to fully test the available functionnalities of this fun Flash Player ?

  What's in CVS is what you get...

        - rob -