Re: [Gnash] working plugin checked in

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] working plugin checked in
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:22:10 -0700

Unit3 wrote:

How do I tell?

Actually that's easy. The SDL version doesn't support the right mouse button
menu, only the GTK version does.

This will potentially make a difference. Does it work for any Flash
movie, or does it fail for all of them ?

Gnash plays over 60% of the movies I've collected off the net. Right now I've been web surfing with the plugin enabled and haven't had a single problem with the movies playing correctly.

I haven't seen one work yet in the browser. Can you recommend the
simplest test example that's included in the CVS tree, and I'll check
that in the browser?

I'm going to add a "test page" to the Gnash web site for this purpose, but any of the movies in gnash/testsuite should also be good for testing.

entry is "Started thread for Flash movie /tmp/welcome.swf", but if I
look at the process listing, I see this:

17094 ?        Sl     1:02 /usr/lib/firefox/firefox-bin -a firefox
25740 ?        Z      0:00  \_ [gnash] <defunct>

Arg... I think I know the problem. Like a moron, I checked in a hardcoded path "/usr/local/bin/gnash" in plugin.cpp, so I guess the player isn't starting cause the path is wrong. I just made this path based on the $exec_prefix instead, so the plugin will look where ever Gnash got installed.

Also, as a side note, is there a plan to have a menu option in the GTK
version to enable antialiasing? Things are quite chunky looking without

It should be turned on by default, maybe it broke. I can add a menu option for this and try it.

        - rob -