Re: [Gnash] Re: Flash using Gnash for KDE = Klash

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Re: Flash using Gnash for KDE = Klash
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:29:24 -0700

Kevin Krammer wrote:

It seems to be in gnash's CVS now as well. Is this the latest version?

Yes, it was contributed. This is the same code, but I merged the configure/build stuff into the existing support so it'd fit into Gnash better.

Klash plugin gets loaded flawlessly but playback flickers a lot. In the second animation, where Steff is fighting gladiator-like in an arena, I can see him being drawn with white shirt and tie before the armor is drawn over it on every move he makes.

Needless to say, while Gnash plays many Flash movies, it doesn't do all of them correctly. I haven't seen the flickering, but I'm mostly deep in debugging the real plugin, and have mostly been using the MozPlugger support in Firefox otherwise.

(gnash standalone works visually but has no sound)

Sound is being worked on. There was minimal sound support, but it's being rewritten to work more the way it's supposed to. There are also unfortunately issues with the legalities of MP3 support.

        - rob -