[Gnash] Playback problems

From: Gian Paolo Mureddu
Subject: [Gnash] Playback problems
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 13:55:54 -0600

Hi, I just did a refresh of the CVS and tried to build it. It does build just fine, now until the end, however when trying to playback any of the testsuite movies I get 100% CPU utilization, and the gnash window is just black. I left it stand there for quite some time (5+ minutes) and nothing happened. I was wondering what could be causing this? When I tried to kill the proram (by ctrl+c in the console), the window kept on opened, doing a ps aux | grep gnash returned:

gianni   26603 95.3  0.8  78428  9120 pts/2    RLl+ 13:27   0:28 /home/gianni/Programas/gnash/gnash/backend/.libs/lt-gnash visible_and_transparency.swf

So I killed the process with kill -9 26603

Even starting the program directly within backend/.libs/ with an exported LD_LIBRARY_PATH to match the required libraries had no effect.

Machine:

AMD 64 Athlon64 2800+
Fedora Core 4 x86_64
nVidia GeForce FX5900 (with nVidia driver and development headers)