Re: [Gnash] Portatbility

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Portatbility
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 09:20:03 -0700

Dima Codreanu wrote:
Can gnash be compiled under Windows?

It used to compile under win32, but I haven't tried it in a while, not having any win32 machines. My gut feeling is it won't work "out of the box" right now, but care has been paid in keeping Gnash multi-platform. What we need is a "clean" win32 developer that can keep the rest of us honest... since currently all the Gnash developers are on GNU/Linux variants.

My needs include linking gnash output to a device (not a video card) that can grasp OpenGL commands, but that has drivers and SDK only for Windows, and the vendor does not even plan on delivering a Linux driver.

Screwed by proprietary operating systems again... Gnash on win32 should build with any OpenGL compatable library that implements the GL API.

        - rob -