Re: [Gnash] spyware buried in Flash movies

From: Alias
Subject: Re: [Gnash] spyware buried in Flash movies
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:29:55 +0000

On 1/27/06, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
> This is very frustrating as it's neither the user (who runs
> the flash player application) nor the author of the main movie
> being played that controls this.

This is not true. The flash developer should be aware of this
restriction, in the same way as a java developer would be. The flash
debug player raises securty sandbox violation warnings when an
attempted sandbox violation occurs.

> My vote is for happily disreguard this and not implement
> cross-domain (in)security model as a whole. As an alternative
> we might make this a user setting, just to allow people to
> test their movies in 'MM-compatible' mode.

The security model is there for good reason. I would be very cautious
about altering it.

Sincerely,
Alias